Introducing the next revolution in permanent magnet direct drive electric motors and generators. RFL's breakthrough designs dramatically outperform not just conventional AC induction motors and generators, but even the latest permanent magnet DC motors. RFL breaks new ground in stator and rotor topology to achieve truly impressive results.
Highest Efficiency 90%-98%
The patented RFL design typically achieves efficiency levels above 90%, and yet still manages to reduce motor/generator size, materials cost, and weight for any given output. The unique Radial Flux technology employed in RFL designs made possible a completely new approach to stator and rotor design. The result is RFL's breakthrough technologies for constructing both single and dual start motors and generators that achieve substantial increases in efficiency by maximising flux capture.
· Lower operating costs of end products
· Increased effectiveness of end products
· Increased range for electric vehicles
· Longer supply per tank of fuel for Genset generators
· Better supply at lower wind speeds for wind turbines
Smallest Size Down 50-75%
RFL designs typically achieve from 50% up to a remarkable 75% size reduction compared to the equivalent output AC induction motor.
· Easier of transportability of finished product
· Lower cranage and installation costs
· Easier to design into finished product
· Reduced size of finished product
· Enhanced design flexibility for integration into finished products
· Neater, more compact, streamlined finished product design
Lowest Weight Down 25-50%
RFL designs typically achieve between 25% up to a 50% weight reduction compared to an equivalent AC induction motor.
· Reduced handling and transport costs
· Easier and safer installation
· Superior range capabilities when integrated into electric vehicles
Lowest materials cost Down 30%
One of the core benefits of the high efficiency achieved by RFL designs is the ability to reduce the input materials costs for a given output. The materials costs of RFL designs are typically 30-50% cheaper than a conventional design.
· Lower Cost Of Goods Sold (COGS) leading to increased margins
· Pass on part of savings to customers for competitive advantage
· Makes retro-fitting replacement programs more cost effective
Shielding from EMP (Electromagnetic Pulses)
High altitude nuclear explosions can produce large EMP that can damage electronic equipment. Equipment exposed to potential EMP needs to be able to withstand these pulses and continue to function normally.
· The RFL PM generator will not be damaged by a large EMP
· The RFL Generator is the ideal generator for military operations potentially exposed to EMP
RFL designs can be integrated quickly and easily into your existing process lines and are manufactured using conventional AC induction motor techniques.
· Faster time-to-market
· Easier to integrate assembly processes & train staff
· Reduced upfront costs by using existing equipment
· Established manufacturing process
To stand-out in today's competitive market you just can't afford to make compromises in your designs. With RFL, state-of-the-art modelling software is used to develop and test your design according to your exacting specifications and requirements.
· No compromise designs built specifically for the job you have in mind
· Exclusive designs that only you have access to, putting you well ahead of the competition
· Click here to learn more about RFL licensing options
Patented Radial Flux
At the heart of the RFL design is a breakthrough approach in rotor/stator topology. Unlike conventional designs where the magnetic flux radiates inwards and outwards from the rotor/stator, the unique ‘radial flux’ design orients the magnetic flux into a radial pattern ensuring minimum loss of flux. As a result, the RFL design makes more efficient usage of the flux produced.
Dual Stator design
RFL combines its breakthrough Radial Flux with a Single or Dual-Stator configuration to achieve unprecedented energy density is in its motors and generators. There is simply no competing design that comes close.
Single Stator design
The RAVMAG series of single stator 2 and 4 pole designs achieve the same breakthroughs in performance as the T Flux and Dual Stator. The intended application range of portable and stationary Gensets will set new benchmarks in all aspects of alternator performance.
Click here for detailed technical information on the RAVMAG series alternator specification.